Ebook price on release: £24
Release date: 2017
First release: 15 March 2010
Formats: PDF, EPUB, Kindle,
Online; no DRM
NEW! The second edition of the definitive guide to the popular open source web application firewall, by
Christian Folini and Ivan Ristić.
Now available for early access.
- Step-by-step introduction to the installation and the rule language
- Detailed explanations of the internals and advanced techniques for seasoned users
- Available in various digital formats (PDF, EPUB, Mobi/Kindle); no DRM
- Also available online in our browser-based reading application
- Provides full coverage of ModSecurity 2.9.1
- In depth examination of rules performance
- Includes a comprehensive reference that goes beyond the official online reference manual
Order now to get immediate access to the new content and access to all future updates including the finished
book when it's released.
This book is still a work in progress and hasn't been through copyediting.
Preface to the Second Edition
Part I: User Guide 1. Introduction
5. Rule Language Overview
6. Rule Language Tutorial
7. Rule Configuration
8. Persistent Storage
9. Practical Rule Writing
11. Content Injection
12. Writing Rules in Lua
13. Handling XML
14. Extending Rule Language
Part II: Reference Manual 15. Directives
17. Transformation Functions
20. Data Formats Guide
If you have any questions, please find us on Twitter. If your question is about the book content,
contact @ChrFolini. For everything else,
write to @feistyduck.
ModSecurity is a renowned
and widely deployed open source web application firewall. It comes with a powerful rule
language, which allows for detailed inspection of payloads and granular
access control. Fifteen years in the making, ModSecurity has matured and the
second edition of this book covers the complete set of features available
with the latest release.
ModSecurity and mod_security are trademarks or registered trademarks
of Trustwave Holdings, Inc.