Release date: 15 July 2017
Language: English (454 pages)
Formats: PDF, EPUB, Kindle,
Online; no DRM
NEW! The second edition of the definitive guide to ModSecurity, by Christian Folini and Ivan Ristić, the principal author of ModSecurity
- Step-by-step introduction to the installation and the rule language
- Detailed explanations of the internals and advanced techniques for seasoned users
- Available in various digital formats (PDF, EPUB, Mobi/Kindle); no DRM
- Also available online in our browser-based reading application
- Provides full coverage of ModSecurity 2.9
- In depth examination of rules performance
- Includes a comprehensive reference that goes beyond the official online reference manual
If you have purchased this book already you can now download the final version from your Feisty Duck Library.
Preface to the Second Edition
Part I: User Guide 1. Introduction
5. Rule Language Overview
6. Rule Language Tutorial
7. Rule Configuration
8. Persistent Storage
9. Practical Rule Writing
11. Content Injection
12. Writing Rules in Lua
13. Handling XML
14. Extending Rule Language
Part II: Reference Manual 15. Directives
17. Transformation Functions
20. Data Formats Guide
Getting Started 2ed
A free short book that consists of the first 4 chapters of ModSecurity Handbook, Second Edition. It contains everything you need to know to install and configure ModSecurity.
Book Reviewer Kit
If you are looking to review ModSecurity Handbook, Second Edition, we have a book
reviewer kit available for you.
If you have any questions, please find us on Twitter. If your question is about the book content,
contact @ChrFolini. For everything else,
write to @feistyduck.
ModSecurity is a renowned
and widely deployed open source web application firewall. It comes with a powerful rule
language, which allows for detailed inspection of payloads and granular
access control. Fifteen years in the making, ModSecurity has matured and the
second edition of this book covers the complete set of features available
with the latest release.
ModSecurity and mod_security are trademarks or registered trademarks
of Trustwave Holdings, Inc.